Tuesday, June 14, 2016

I Know What You’re Thinking 01.28.16

I know what you’re thinking
I have heard what some say
It wasn’t a moment too soon
It’s better this way

She had nothing more
Nothing left to give
You know she would never bloom
Not while she lived

It was difficult to look close
But stop and look I ask
Look past her indiscretion
The foul choices though vast

Her beauty that shimmered
Warmth spreading from her heart
It was there for all to see
You only need to pull the shades a part

It was so hard to see
That her beauty ran deep
Even she looked away
Never willing to seek

We had forgotten
And it scared her too
Do I have anything to offer
Is there anything left to give

Set out on your journey
Don’t deter from your path
Be courageous to venture
Enjoy the suns warm bath

Move into the golden field
Don’t hide in the canopy of trees
Let the sun hit your face
The moon flicker in your eyes

You have all we need
And more now than thought
Love is never ending
Even though apart

Her peace has come
Not a moment too soon
But never forget
We all watched her bloom



DGD 01.28.16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.