How long has it been
Since we talked
Chimed in
It's been so quiet
Maybe to quiet
Has this gone for too long
This wasn't the first time
It wouldn't be the last
A repeat of history
The continued recent past
How could we know
Why would we have thought
That this time you called
It was the last
I saw your name on the screen
Listened to your message
Thought I'd give it a few days
Let your mind get clear
My thoughts tend to race
Were you in pain
Lonely, sad, wishing to connect
What did you want to say
What did you think
Was your mind clear
Could you know
That your time was so near
Thoughts and words
Fly through the air
You talked to others
Knowing your state
Did you know what it did
How your voice would hurt
Deciding to screen your call
Delaying that moments pain
Waiting before I tried
Listening to the rings
Hoping your mail box
Would take the call
I finally deleted your message
I don't want to remember
Your voice in that way
I try to not think
Of the radio silence
From those days
For today
The radio is silent
And it will remain that way
DGD 04.20.16
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.