I have forgotten.
And yet I haven’t.
That’s how life is.
You were always within my thoughts.
And never within them.
You are not all consuming.
You are never forgotten.
There are reminders that I have intentionally set.
There are reminders that were supposed to be on their own.
It hasn’t worked that way this year.
Not really last year either.
It flowed the first night.
And one year later.
I had to ‘word smith’ it last year.
Apparently this year too.
It doesn’t have to be in one stream.
As most of mine do.
It’s OK for it to be multiple.
I have no problem tying 1 to 2.
I have not thought of you as often.
Or as always or used to do.
But there are reminders.
And I still love you.
Tonight this came out in one stream.
Thinking I had nothing to say.
But in that moment that you sit back and look.
There is always more at play.
DGD 01.28.19
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.